Lemon coconut cake. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. This cake is moist and I like the lemon to coconut ratio. I increased the cream cheese in the frosting as I find this recipe to be too sweet.
I would also advise them to carefully follow the directions. A reader favorite recipe, lemon coconut cake features deliciously moist coconut cake layers, homemade lemon curd, toasted coconut, and cream cheese frosting. It's buttery, moist, and tender- the cake of your dreams! You arrange boiling reduce Lemon coconut cake testing 10 process than 12 together with. Here you go score.
process of Lemon coconut cake
- Prepare 300 g of flour.
- Prepare 200 g of magarine.
- Prepare 200 g of castor sugar.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dessicated coconut.
- You need 1 of lemon rind.
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Lemon essence.
- It's 1/4 cup of milk.
Today's lemon coconut cake recipe combines everything we love about lemon cake and coconut cake in one. Sandwiched between three deliciously moist and buttery coconut cake. I love a strong lemon flavor. Used lemon curd between the layers with a sprinkle of coconut, iced with a cream cheese frosting, and more coconut on top.
Lemon coconut cake procedure
- Measure the ingredients then grease the baking tin and preheat oven to 180 degreed.
- Cream sugar and magarine till pale.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Mix till pale again.
- Add essence, dessicated coconut, lemon rind and lemon juice then mix well.
- Mix well.
- Add flour bit by bit till well incorporated then add milk.
- Pour in the baking tin.
- Bake for 180degrees for 35-45min. Mine cracked on top😞.
- Decorate with whipped cream after cooling totally.
- When cut.
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until combined. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Brushing lemon simple syrup onto the cake helps keep it moist. Line bottoms with parchment; butter parchment. Dust with flour, tapping out excess.