Vanilla cake with lemon buttercream. Get Inspired On Our Official Site. A light vanilla and lemon scented layer cake filled with lemon curd and iced with vanilla italian meringue buttercream. A big milestone, sure, but not as big of a deal as I thought it was going to be.
Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on high. An easy lemon buttercream frosting is spread generously on top along with some edible flowers for decoration. There's no need to make this into a two-layer cake with a full covering of buttercream, those kinda stress me out, to be honest. You wind up heating ruin Vanilla cake with lemon buttercream accepting 10 process together with 10 steps. Here you are do one proud.
technique of Vanilla cake with lemon buttercream
- You need of For the cake:.
- It's 1 lb (10 oz) of flour.
- Prepare 1 lb (10 oz) of castor sugar.
- It's 1 lb (10 oz) of butter.
- It's 11 of eggs.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's of Filling:.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of butter.
- It's 1 lb of icing sugar.
- Prepare of Lemon extract/ essence.
Purple Cake with refreshing lemon zest and a lavender extract is the cake that you have to try this summer! With vibrant color and amazing flavor, this cake is also incredibly easy to make. The cakes is soft and moist and topped with sweet vanilla buttercream. This Classic Vanilla Cake pairs fluffy vanilla cake layers with a silky vanilla buttercream.
Vanilla cake with lemon buttercream singly
- Cake: mix the sugar with the softened butter until creamy and pale (We used dairy free butter in this cake)..
- Next add the eggs and continue to mix until light and fluffy. Don't worry if it curdles, add a little bit of flour. Just stick with it, it will come back together..
- Then add the sifted flour, you're going to need to do this a little bit at a time or there will be flour everywhere..
- Once mixed thoroughly so there are no lumps of flour and you have lots of air bubbles.
- Pour gently into a 12in cake tin, we used a square one and spread it gently to the corners using a palette knife..
- Bake at 140°c for 2 hours in a fan oven, 2 and a half hours in a conventional oven..
- Filling: mix the butter and the icing sugar in a bowl until very pale and fluffy, this may take several time. (Again we used dairy free butter).
- Add the lemon flavouring to taste..
- When the cake is cooked turn it out onto a cooling rack to cool..
- Once cooled you can cut the cake in half and fill it..
The perfect cake for birthdays, weddings, or any occasion! I can't believe I'm only just now posting a vanilla cake recipe. I always thought that there were so many of these recipes out there that I'd stick to more unique ones. Cream sugar and butter together in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Mix in lemon juice until smooth.