Mince Beef Pie. This tasty and easy beef pie recipe will quickly become a family favourite. How to Freeze Minced Beef and Onion Pies. Wrap the unbaked pies well in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and then into ziptop bags.
Try this English Mince Beef Pie recipe, or contribute your own. Brown the minced beef in the oil in a hot pan, breaking up the mince with the back of a spoon as it browns. Minced Beef And Onion Pie With Puff Pastry Recipes. You go for it frying devil Mince Beef Pie adopting 14 compound as well as 13 also. Here you are sew up.
ingredients of Mince Beef Pie
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 500 g of mince beef.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomatoe purée.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of plain flour, plus extra for dusting.
- Prepare 80 g of mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 250 ml of beef stock.
- You need splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 400 g of ready-made shortcrust pastry.
- It's 1 of egg, yolk only, lightly beaten.
- It's to taste of salt.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, grated.
- You need to taste of ground black pepper.
Beef, Mushroom and Guinness Pot PiesRecipesPlus. Add the mince and all the ingredients up to and including paprika, knead well by hand until the mixture is no longer sticky. Place one section of dough on an oven tray lined with baking paper. This is an EPIC Chunky Beef and Mushroom Pie with a little secret ingredient that takes this to the But with this Chunky Beef and Mushroom Pie, with just one bite, you know it's a step up from the.
Mince Beef Pie separately
- Preheat the oven for 200C..
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the mince for about 4-5 minutes, stirr with a wooden spoon regularly..
- Add the onion, carrots and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Then add in the purée and cook for another 2-3 minutes..
- Stir in the flour and cook for a further minute, then add the mushrooms, stock and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Set aside and leave to cool, then turn the meat mixture into a 1L pie dish..
- Roll out the pastry onto a floured surface until it is slightly bigger than the pie dish..
- Gently drape the pastry over the dish, pressing firmly onto the edges. Trim, then shape the edges into a fluted shape..
- Cut some leaf shapes out of the pastry trimmings and decorate the top of the pie, sticking them to the pastry with the beaten egg..
- Make about 4 slits in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape..
- Brush the pie with the rest of the beaten egg yolk..
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown..
This pie filling on the other hand is far quicker and a bit cheaper. If you wanted it to be a Shepherd's Pie instead, swap the minced beef for minced lamb and add a touch of rosemary. Mince Pies have been around for centuries although not in the form we enjoy today. In the past mincemeat did, as its name implies, contain meat (beef, chicken, or fish) along with eggs. As their name suggests, mince pies traditionally did at one point have minced beef or lamb mixed in with the dried fruits.