Fried chicken kothu parotta. Kothu Parotta is mostly sold at small restaurants or by street vendors and is popular in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Pre made Parottas are shredded into small pieces and stir fried with cooked chicken. It's cooked on a large cast iron pan, stainless spoon is used to stir fry which gives out that amazing.
It is an incredibly popular street food in South Indian state Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka. I ordered a Veg Thali and a Mutton sukka varuval to go with it, while the others went for chicken and mutton kothu porotta. Add curry leaves and a tsp of oil. You cook broiling scorch Fried chicken kothu parotta employing 19 compound furthermore 5 along with. Here you are bring about.
modus operandi of Fried chicken kothu parotta
- It's 2 of big onions.
- It's 4 of medium sized tomatoes.
- It's 2 of green chillies.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fennel powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 of medium sized shredded fried chicken pieces without bones.
- It's 2 sprigs of curry leaves.
- You need 1 handful of Coriander leaves.
- It's Few of Mint leaves.
- Prepare 6 of maida parotta.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chicken curry (optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut oil or any cooking oil.
Chicken Kothu Parotta or minced meat Parotta is a cuisine of the Chettinad region of Tamil Nadu state in South India. Take the chicken pieces off the curry and tear it into small pieces. Add the shredded Parotta pieces in to it. Then lets add the Tomato ketchup.
Fried chicken kothu parotta one at a time
- Heat ¼ cup coconut oil in a kadai, add in chopped onions and saute till translucent.Add the chopped tomatoes saute till half cooked, then add the ginger,garlic paste, saute till the raw smell goes..
- Now add in all the powders and saute well, saute dry without adding any water.Now add in the eggs and cook in low flame till eggs are half done.add the shredded fried chicken pieces and combine all the ingredients well..
- Add the curry leaves, coriander leaves, mint leaves, along with the shredded parotta ) mix well..
- Add in the chicken curry, (optional) you may skip this ingredient if there is no curry available. Give everything a good mix, cook for 5 minutes in low flame..
- Serve hot as breakfast or dinner with raita and a cup of black tea..
Kothu idly is also a similar dish prepared with idly instead of parotta. It is also a very popular dish the Maldives, where it is available with many varieties of meat; Chicken koththu. If you want chicken kothu parotta just add sliced up chicken after frying the onions and continue the process from that on. You could also make your own parotta,check this link for recipe. And if you want to try that typical street food salna just check this link.