Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies. These savoury hand pies are fluffy, delicious and healthy! Feta, tomato and olive oil are a classic combination but the addition of the dried thyme, makes. All-star roasted tomatoes recipe with thyme and feta!
It partners sweet tomatoes with woodsy thyme and creamy feta, then wraps it up with a buttery, flaky crust for a rustic, free-form pie that's easy While super-juicy produce like tomatoes are irresistibly delicious, they can result in a soggy crust in pies and galettes. Miniature, portable food is always more fun! While individual hand pies take a bit more work and time (this is definitely a weekend project-yet they could be stored for a weeknight dinner. You undertake grilling stew Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies applying 10 method as a consequence 16 so. Here you are win.
receipt of Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies
- Prepare 250 g of bread flour.
- You need 250 g of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme, dried.
- It's 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 250 ml of water warm.
- It's 25 g of fresh yeast (or 7g dry).
- Prepare 350 g of feta cheese (app.).
Low fat feta cheese instead of full-fat cheeses, providing higher levels of calcium and lower levels of lactose, while carry fewer calories than full-fat cheeses. Fresh potatoes instead of frozen, carrying a more nutrient-dense and flavorful profile. In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, thyme, vinegar and chile. Fold in the onion and feta and Spread the onion-feta mixture over the toast and arrange the tomato slices on top.
Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies compound
- Mix yeast with sugar and 50ml of the warm water..
- In your mixer bowl, sift the two types of flour and salt..
- Add thyme and blend for a few seconds. Add the tomato paste and the olive oil and start mixing on low speed..
- Add half of the water and the yeast mixture..
- Keep adding water, little by little, and knead on medium speed for about 4 to 5 min, till your dough is smooth and elastic..
- Turn the dough out onto your work surface and give it a quick knead. Shape into a ball and put it in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean towel and let it rise for 45min..
- Flour your work surface and turn the dough out..
- Cut into 9 pieces. Each piece will make 2 hand pies. Smooth each piece with your palm and shape 9 small balls. Cover with plastic wrap to avoid skin forming..
- Take one piece of dough and roll out a small disk, about 15cm in diameter. Put 2 full tbsp in the middle and pinch the edges to seal it..
- Flatten it with your hand, then roll it out until it gets about 15cm in diameter. Roll the sheet to form a roll..
- Cut in half. Stretch each piece to get a little longer..
- Swirl both sides creating two opposite spirals. Fold in half, covering one spiral with the other. This way, you create layers of dough and cheese..
- Flatten it again and put in on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper..
- Repeat the process..
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 200°C/400°F, middle position for 15 to 17min. till they're golden brown..
- If you end up with leftover feta, put it in a glass container, cover the surface with olive oil and keep it in the fridge for 4 to 5 days..
Tomato Savory Hand Pies made with flaky pie crust and herb infused goat cheese. At this point the pies can be frozen for a later use or baked immediately. If baking immediately, brush the tops of the pies with more egg wash, place in the oven. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and lemon juice. This is an amazing tomato tart.