Spinach, Wild Greens & Feta Greek Pie (a.k.a. Spanakopita). In my family, we call it "the queen of greek savoury pies". This is a delicious pie, made with crunchy homemade pastry sheets and a filling full of flavors. These wild greens varied and often included amaranth, dandelion greens, nettles and purslane.
Let go of getting things done. Taco Wraps Dumpling Wrappers Kimchi Dumplings Beets Burgers Spinach Sandwiches Recipies. Here are some of the wild greens I have been enjoying as trail side snacks and gourmet salads Chickweed is a powerhouse of nutrients. You engage in sizzling spoil Spinach, Wild Greens & Feta Greek Pie (a.k.a. Spanakopita) practicing 10 receipt together with 22 also. Here you are finish.
technique of Spinach, Wild Greens & Feta Greek Pie (a.k.a. Spanakopita)
- You need 7 - 8 of spring onions.
- You need 300 g of spinach (fresh or frozen).
- It's 300 g of edible wild greens (dipped in boiling water for five minutes and strained well).
- It's 4-5 tbsp of dill finelly chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mint dried.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper, freshly ground.
- It's 250 g of feta cheese.
- It's 100 ml of olive oil (app.).
- You need 1 of dose Greek phyllo ver. 3 (click on the link above and learn how to prepare them).
Spinach is the most mineral rich green on the market but. Home » Wild Game » Venison » Venison Stew with Wild Greens. Spinach, parsley, amaranth, turnip or mustard greens, chard, kale, lamb's quarters, New Zealand spinach… you get the point. Warrigal Greens (Tetragonia tetragonioides) are also known as Botany Bay Spinach or Sea Spinach, and grow wild along the coast of Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Japan and Argentina.
Spinach, Wild Greens & Feta Greek Pie (a.k.a. Spanakopita) prescription
- With a sharp knife, cut the spring onions into thin slices..
- In a pan, heat 50ml of olive oil and sauté the spring onions for a few minutes to soften..
- Add the spinach and stir until it's completely thawed (if using frozen) or for about 5min if using fresh. All the liquids from the spinach should evaporate..
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the dill, the mint, salt and pepper. Stir well..
- Crumble the feta cheese and mix it with the greens. Set aside to cool completely..
- Take the first stack of disks out of the fridge..
- You'll need a round baking pan, 38cm/15 inches in diameter..
- Flour your bench and roll out a round pastry sheet, 10cm/4 inches bigger than your pan..
- Brush your pan with olive oil..
- Wrap the sheet around the rolling pin and transfer it to the pan..
- Unwrap carefully and arrange it with your hands, so that the sides of the pan are evenly covered..
- Press the edges with your rolling pin and trim the excess dough. Cut it in smaller pieces and use them for a second layer..
- Spread the filling all over the surface..
- If you find that the filling is too wet, add two tbsps of semolina and mix well. This will suck all the excess moisture. Otherwise you'll end up with soft and soggy pastry sheets..
- If you end up with leftover filling, put it in a container and keep it in the freezer up to 3 months..
- Take the second stack of disks out of the fridge and roll out another round sheet, 38cm/15inches in diameter..
- Transfer it and cover the filling..
- Pinch the edges to seal and decorate the pie..
- Brush with olive oil..
- Take a knife and carefully cut the pie into pieces but not all the way to the bottom! This way, you're creating vents, to allow the steam to escape..
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 200°C/400°F for 45min, low position, until it's golden brown..
- Don't cover the pie until it's completely cooled, if you want the sheets to stay crunchy!.
Wild spinach is a common name for several plants with edible leaves and may refer to: Species in the genus Chenopodium: Chenopodium album, a common weed with global distribution. Download Wild spinach stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Wild Force Green Formula is an organic and vegan superfood powder. Learn more about this organic and vegan nutrition-packed fuel that is improves natural energy and weight loss here! "Customers say they like wild greens because they're packed with nutrients," says Joseph. Lambsquarter is richer in calcium, protein and B vitamins than spinach and most other greens.